Church History

Parkwood United Presbyterian Church traces its origins to 1806 when the Reformed Presbyterian (Covenanter) Church of Pine Creek was organized. The original Covenanter Church built in 1837 still remains as the site of the Depreciation Lands Museum in Hampton Township.

Parkwood was established when, at the suggestion of the Presbytery on April 15, 1962, the Allison Park Community Church and Wildwood Presbyterian Church merged to better serve the community. The present building was dedicated on October 20, 1966.